The TSP-5 Patriot Series Air Compressor
The TSP-5 is one of BendPak’s most popular assembled in USA air compressor models. High-quality, slow running cast iron compressor pumps deliver proven longevity in the most demanding conditions. Because they run at a slower RPM than most comparable units, they’re quieter, run cooler and cost less to operate. 100% cast iron pumps provide the quality and performance needed for heavy‐use applications like automotive and body repair to manufacturing and industrial service.
The two-stage, twin piston pump features splash lubrication for total reliability and a finned cylinder configuration that provides 360° cooling. Heavy‐duty, disc‐type valves are dependable and accessible without having to remove the cylinder head or perform other complicated valve maintenance procedures. A built‐in inter-cooler and air‐cooled after-cooler chill the air, resulting in reduced heat and condensation moisture.
This air compressor includes a set of four rugged, half-inch thick pads to ensure there's virtually zero machine vibration during operation. The high-quality elastomer compound resists aging, compression set, water and oil.
The TSP-5 Patriot air compressor operates at low temperatures and optimizes its efficiency for maximum air output. The pump runs at a lower speed, which also reduces noise in your shop or garage. When you finally decide which air compressor best fits your needs, take into account the overall lifetime maintenance costs. This is the “true cost” of owning anything. Electric bills can accumulate quickly, and more horsepower means a higher bill. That’s exactly why the TSP-5 Elite is such a money-saver: it runs at a cool temperature and runs an efficient 5 HP motor that won’t cut deeply into your bottom line. Why get less when you can save more with the TSP-5 Elite by BendPak?
Features & Specs
- UL, CSA, ASME certified
- Extra-quiet, low-RPM pump
- 5 HP energy‐efficient motor
- Pressure switch ensures efficient operation at all times with no wasted energy
- Cast‐iron pump and heads are more stable under heavy workloads and do not warp from heat like aluminum cylinders with pressed‐in sleeves
- Cast‐iron Elite pump features simple splash lubrication for total reliability and a finned cylinder configuration that provides 360° cooling
- Dual drive belts require less belt tension resulting in less load on pump bearings, longer belt life and low vibration
- Fully‐enclosed belt guard
- Anti-vibration pads included
- Large surface area and cooling fins on cylinders and forced‐air after-cooler provides efficient heat dissipation for lower operating temperatures and dryer air. Compressor runs cooler, oil life is extended and maintenance is reduced
- Precision honed cylinders increase efficiency and oil control
- Oversized ductile iron crankshaft provides extra strength and longer wear
- Tapered roller main bearings provide full contact and support of the crankshaft and needle‐type piston pin bearings properly distribute bearing loads
- Precision balanced flywheel has forced‐air fan blades for optimum compressor cooling and life
- Magnetic starter provides thermal overload protection and minimizes start loads providing long life and trouble‐free operation
- ASME-rated safety valve protects the compressor from overpressure and safeguards the operator
- Balanced flywheel and counterbalanced crankshaft provides vibration‐free operation
- Readily accessible disc‐valves do not require disassembly of compressor piping for easy accessibility and reduced maintenance cost and downtime
- Corrosion resistant tubing for coolers, separators and valves for longer life and reduced maintenance
- High‐density, die‐cast aluminum alloy rods minimize reciprocating weight
- Rugged cast iron oil reservoir has convenient sight gauge glass, large oil drain and convenient fill cap
- Automatic pressure switch provides auto start and stop
- Integrated pressure unloader valves are built into the intake valve assembly on the compressor head, reducing internal pump heat from initial start‐up compression
- Pressure gauge with service valve
- Oversize replaceable air filter