Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing
Location: Santa Paula, CA
Headquartered in Ventura County, California, BendPak is looking for an innovative and practical Electrical Control Systems Engineer to design and build prototype and production‐level control circuits and electrical systems for AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE LIFTS, VEHICLE PARKING SYSTEMS/CAR STACKERS AND VARIOUS TYPES OF VEHICLE SERVICE EQUIPMENT. BendPak offers staff members a compelling package, which includes competitive base pay, superior benefits, an outstanding work environment and opportunities for career development. Through these comprehensive offerings, every individual has the chance to achieve significant growth, both financially and professionally.
We’re in search of a Technical Writer who can eloquently articulate technical data and information into simplistic, grade school language for end users to follow and easily understand. The ideal candidate will be able to move through word processing, spreadsheets and graphic editor tools fluidly, as well as gather and convert data into a written narrative.
This position will work in an agile development environment as part of the product development and marketing teams. This position will focus on creating processes/manuals, maintaining specifications and data, and keeping information organized.
- Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and audiences
- Ability to clearly communicate technical and complex information
- Excellent design skills, with the ability to turn a draft into a ready-to-market document
- Detail-oriented approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Experience in graphic design and information design
- Use of independent discretion when creating new product documentation content
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with change and uncertainty
- 3 years experience in writing/editing technical documentation preferred.
- Experience writing for automotive equipment a major plus.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at once.
- Strong problem solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Must be a self‐starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude.
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi‐task and meet deadlines.
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver.
- Core values and continuous self‐improvement.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to think designs through completely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and various computer programs.
- The Technical Writer is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear; occasionally operate machinery and occasionally lift up to 45 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SPONSORSHIPS.
Use the form below to submit your resume.