Department: Quality Control
Reports To: Service Technician Supervisor
Location: Santa Paula, California
BendPak / Ranger is one of the world's leading manufacturers of vehicle repair equipment including automotive service lifts, parking lifts (car stackers), pipe benders, air compressors, tire changing machines and wheel balancers and a variety of specialized auto repair tools and machinery. Our products are seen every day on popular TV shows such as Fast N’ Loud, Bitchin Rides, Monster Garage, Street Outlaws, Inside West Coast Customs, Diesel Brothers, All Girls Garage, Wheeler Dealers, Graveyard Cars and more. We're looking for motivated individuals looking to apply and expand their talents. Our team members enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment that rewards passion and hard work. Many of our devoted employees have been with us for over twenty years and have risen through the ranks to build lucrative and influential careers. We give every employee the personal latitude to direct his or her own professional development.
INTRODUCTION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Mechanically inclined technician that is comfortable working with power tools in a production environment. Someone that is able to analyze, troubleshoot, repair, service and test returned products to ensure they meet technical specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mechanical lift assembler (building boxes, building frames, repairing, and testing equipment)
- Kit assembler (kitting parts boxes, parts bags, cables, hoses and chains)
- Analyze, troubleshoot, test, service and repair equipment. Reporting and documenting as part of the RMA process.
- Assist in the ATP process by gathering the required equipment, pulling the appropriate part from them and returning the equipment to the shelf as a restricted item.
- Read, learn, understand and interpret blueprints and work instructions, and other instructions written or verbal, to complete assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products, and prepare products and other items for shipment.
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to install, repair, service, test and troubleshoot equipment
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Understanding of blue prints and welding specs, working knowledge of engineering documentation such as drawings, parts lists, wiring diagrams, and material specifications.
- Strong problem solving and basic math skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of precise measurements (i.e. micrometers, Vernier calipers, etc.)
- Stand-up reach truck experience preferred, but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to us MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 1 + years standard forklift experience.
- Steel toed shoes must be worn at all times. Other protective equipment (such as safety glasses, weight belt, gloves and hard hat) will be provided.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation continuously throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Must be willing and able to stand, and walk on cement majority of the day.
- You will be exposed to hazardous materials, electrical hazards and will be working near moving machinery (such as power tools and forklifts).
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.