Return Merchandise Authorization Clerk
Reports To: Logistics Manager and Vice President of Operations
The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Clerk is responsible for all aspects of product return to include working closely with warehouse staff, sales and admin departments and freight carriers to ensure the returns process is quick and easy for staff and customers.
- Coordinate with freight carriers for the return/re-consignment of BendPak and Ranger freight.
- Research and address freight issues for Sales and Customer Service.
- Navigate carrier websites to quote rates, retrieve documents and track shipments.
- Communicate with carriers for the addition of authorized charges such as lift gate delivery, redelivery, storage, etc.
- Communicate with customers and carriers via phone and email.
- Create labels and bill of ladings (BOLs) for returns or re-consigned products.
- Receive inbound freight from carriers and verify correct product is being received.
- Acquire proper paperwork and evidence to file successful freight claims.
- Initiate, process and finalize all RMAs.
- Maintain notes and create transfers for RMAs to return product to stock.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for claims and returned merchandise.
- Inventory tracking by serial or lot numbers.
- All other tasks as assigned by management staff.
- Experience in Warehouse or related field preferred.
- Experience in Shipping and Receiving preferred.
- Knowledge of NMFC and Freight Classes preferred.
- Experience in Data Entry, Cataloging and Filing preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, vendors and clients.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- This job operates in a professional office and a warehouse environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and various computer programs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, and crouching all day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.