Department: Quality Control
Reports To: R&D Supervisor & R&D Asst. Supervisor
The R&D Tech – Welder primarily works under the guidance of the Sr. R&D Technician, as well as the supervision of the Production Coordinator and VPO, to fabricate, test, weld, and analyze product. Other aspects of this role can involve assisting with analyzing and reporting for packaging, product development, and designing products. Required knowledge and abilities are listed below.
- Work with the Engineering department and other R&D Techs on pre-launch efforts
- Assist in Quality Control tasks and reporting, as needed
- Extensively document process and materials for creation of old and new products
- Analyze products or schematics to detect process or material improvements, including crating for container loading
- Create and update packaging reports for old and new products including crating for container loading
- Extensive testing and document by both video and written reports any product samples that may arrive
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices, keep R&D work areas cleaned and organized
- Fabricate and build prototypes and test products
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Evaluate products to determine improvements
- Must identify and measure material, able to produce products consistently with quality and accuracy
- Work with Customer Service and Sales on product training
- Fill out R&D Reports week; make sure all hours are accounted for (Reports due every Friday morning)
- Perform on site services, installs, and demos for Customers both domestic and international, when necessary
- Read and understand equipment prints, schematics and specifications
- Must be computer literate and able to work in basic computer programs, spreadsheets, and database applications
- Ability to use variety of testing equipment for work tasks including but not limited to: metal fabrication, welding, power tools, plasma cutter, etc.
- Experience with steel required, aluminum and/or stainless steel preferred
- Experience with MIG and TIG welding preferred
- Able to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently, must comply with seeking assistance for any items over that weight either with a buddy system or a tool intended to do so
- Must be able to sit, stand, squat, operate machinery, and perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.