Quality Control Technician (Alabama)
Department: Warehouse Operations
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Theodore, Alabama
BendPak / Ranger is one of the world's leading manufacturers of vehicle repair equipment including automotive service lifts, parking lifts (car stackers), pipe benders, air compressors, tire changing machines and wheel balancers and a variety of specialized auto repair tools and machinery. Our products are seen every day on popular TV shows such as Fast N’ Loud, Bitchin Rides, Monster Garage, Street Outlaws, Inside West Coast Customs, Diesel Brothers, All Girls Garage, Wheeler Dealers, Graveyard Cars and more. We're looking for motivated individuals looking to apply and expand their talents. Our team members enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment that rewards passion and hard work. Many of our devoted employees have been with us for over twenty years and have risen through the ranks to build lucrative and influential careers. We give every employee the personal latitude to direct his or her own professional development.
INTRODUCTION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
BendPak recently opened a new distribution center in Theodore Alabama and we’re looking for a Quality Control Technician responsible for visual and physical inspection, sampling, and testing of finished goods by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments. Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work. Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs. These inspections and tests will require utilization of various kinds of gauges, tools and measuring and test equipment both mechanical and electrical. Provides training to shop personnel related to quality processes. Provides hands-on leadership related to product improvement and problem solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quality inspection and evaluating equipment by confirming required specifications, and conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Compiling, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, verifying, and processing information or data.
- Intermediate knowledge of precise measurements (i.e. micrometers, vernier calipers, etc.)
- Identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Strong problem solving and basic math skills.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in either written form or by electronic recording.
- Working with other departments with issues and concerns of all products.
- Provide information to supervisors, fellow workers, subordinates, and other departments. This information can be exchanged face-to-face, in writing, or via telephone or electronic transfer.
- Assisting with RMA’s process when needed.
- Work with customer service, sales, research & development, engineering, production, marketing and management.
- Maintain inspection equipment and tool calibration log and schedule testing/calibration to ensure equipment and instrumentation is working properly and within calibration specifications.
- Identify areas for Quality Control improvement and communicate quality or compliance concerns to Quality Management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years proven work experience as a Quality Control Technician.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Good understanding of electrical and hydraulic schematics, blue prints and welding specs, and working knowledge of engineering documentation such as drawings, parts lists, wiring diagrams, and material specifications.
- Experience with welding and fabricating components preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to us MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Forklift experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to manage staff and lead by example.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication as well as inter‐personal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be organized and very detailed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The normal work environment is typical of a distribution company.
- The employee is regularly required to work in a warehouse, or outdoor environment which may be cold or hot depending on the season.
- The candidate is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear.
- Lifting of cartons and other packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Steel toed shoes must be worn at all times. Other protective equipment (such as safety glasses and hard hat) will be provided.
- The candidate may occasionally operate machinery.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.
All Open Positions