Department: Quality Control
Reports To: R&D Supervisor & R&D Asst. Supervisor
Primary functions will be to work with various departments to create, test, and report on packaging requirements for shipping products domestically and internationally. Additional tasks may involve assisting production departments with tasks, as needed.
- Generating new packaging in response to given briefs
- Ensuring that all packaging meet set requirements and specifications
- Liaising with marketing, purchasing and production staff
- Checking packaging for suitability and testing for performance under various conditions
- Controlling production and quality standards of current packaging
- Keeping up-to-date with technological innovations
- Additional Tasks – Mechanical lift assembler (building boxes, building posts, programming, and testing equipment)
- Processing Information -- Compiling, categorizing, calculating, auditing, verifying, or processing information or data. Intermediate knowledge of precise measurements (i.e. micrometers, vernier calipers, etc.)
- Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying underlying principles, reasons, or facts by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Strong problem solving and basic math skills.
- Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in either written form or by electronic/magnetic recording. Working with other departments on R&D projects
- Communicating With Other Workers -- Providing information to supervisors, fellow workers, subordinates, and other departments. This information can be exchanged face-to-face, in writing, or via telephone/electronic transfer
- Experience with hand and power tools. Forklift experience preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of blue prints, drawings, parts lists, and material specifications.
- Must be able to us MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Steel toed shoes must be worn at all times. Other protective equipment (such as safety glasses and hard hat) will be provided.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable standing, sitting, walking on cement majority of the day.
- You will be exposed to hazardous materials and will be working near moving machinery (such as forklifts).
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.