Order Entry Specialist
Reports To: Departmental Sales Managers/Directors
We welcome talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, organization headquartered in scenic Santa Paula, CA. We are seeking a detail oriented, individual who takes pride in the accuracy and organization of their work. Join our customer service and sales teams as an Order Entry Specialist if you have at least 2- 3 years of experience in customer service, data entry or sales related fields.
The Order Entry Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate entry of all customer orders whether a phone-in order, email order, or online order. The Order Entry Specialist will need to communicate with clients/customers as they call in looking to place orders. Duties of the Order Entry Specialist are to take calls, receive the orders (or retrieve online orders), and process the orders into the system. Order Entry Specialists need to be comfortable communicating both over the phone, through email, and in person when needed. Additional duties include regular follow up communication (written and by phone) with customers to resolve discrepant orders while maintaining an average order entry per day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, with working knowledge of ERP or Order Processing systems is also desired.
- The Order Entry Specialist requires exceptional data entry skills with abilities to process large amounts of information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enter orders into the ERP system.
- Work with EDI software and various customer portals to import orders and upload tracking.
- Problem solve by researching within the database, email exchanges, the internet, and appropriate personnel throughout the company.
- Diligently follow customer orders through to completion, working with appropriate parties to quickly resolve shipping issues or fulfilment delays.
- Check order shipping documents and help schedule deliveries.
- Answer incoming calls in support of customers and sales teams.
- Support departmental staff in a variety of general office and clerical tasks. Run open order reports and track on time performance.
- Review order returns and charge-back claims and work with team to prevent future charge-backs.
- Create new processes to improve order processing efficiency.
- Communicate with customers, sales team, production and shipping departments to expedite orders accurately.
- Possess the flexibility necessary to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in Order Entry or Order Processing or related field
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Has working knowledge of ERP or other Order Processing systems.
- Strong data entry skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Excellent communication and understanding skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This job operates in a professional office environment and typical of a call center operation.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and various computer programs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.