Department: Logistics Processor
Reports to: Shipping and Receiving
Direct Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Mobile, AL
BendPak is one of the world's leading manufacturers of vehicle repair equipment including automotive service lifts, parking lifts (car stackers), tire changing machines, wheel balancers, and wheel alignment systems. The BendPak family of brands are globally recognized as badges of quality. At BendPak, we're always searching for motivated individuals looking to apply and expand their talents. BendPak team members enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment that rewards passion and hard work. Many of our devoted employees have been here for over twenty years and have risen through the ranks to build lucrative and influential careers. We give every employee the personal latitude to direct their own professional development.
The Logistics Processor is responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient processing, packing and shipping of customer sales orders from the time they are placed on the shipping line until delivery to customer. This position requires a general understanding of basic logistics standards including, HTS codes, BOL’s, POD’s, commercial Invoices, flatbed service, LTL etc
The ideal candidate for the Logistics Processor position is a diligent worker who can complete tasks successfully in a timely and organized manner with little to no guidance.
- Prepare shipping documentation: this involves accurately recording type, quantity, quality, and other features of the shipping process a clear understanding of the state of the process.
- Monitor the reports that are sent daily to insure customer orders are shipped within 24hrs from time of pick.
- Provide assistance and direction to colleagues and subordinates as required
- Uses scanning terminals to record and move inventory stock from Picked to Packed/Shipped status
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to warehouse manager and or warehouse admin on stock levels, issues etc.
- Ships product both domestically and internationally using SXe, TWL, Pacejet and other Carriers.
- Creates shipping labels and handles shipping information.
- Enters data into freight forwarders systems for domestic and international shipments to generate BOL’s
- Communicates with other company personnel to make sure the customer gets the best outcome possible when ordering from us
- Performs administrative duties: answering phones, updating records, and providing excellent customer service to internal customers.
- Keeps organized shipping records.
- Troubleshoots shipping issues and customer issues that pop up regularly; works to solve these administrative or organizational problems to increase shipping efficiency
- Develops knowledge about freight and sea shipping regulations and practices.
- Works well with shipping team to complete orders on time.
- Maintains close working relationship with Pickers/Pullers, Inventory Control for seamless flow of product through the facility and a steady flow of work to the packing lines.
- Generates bills of ladings, shipping documents and posts non-discrepant bills of ladings or documentation to Warehouse admin and or Warehouse Manager.
- Ensures that all Shipping employees utilize the gun/barcode system correctly.
- Assist in loading trucks and determining sate ways of stacking items on the truck in a safe manner.
- Assist in packaging of finished goods.
- Assists in making arrangements for pick up by the customer specific carrier.
- Responsible for accuracy of shipping documents; including filling out commercial invoices, bill of lading, shipper letter of instruction and helping with HTS codes. Submitting all required information to ensure international shipments are not delayed in customs.
- Ascertain that all outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available and attached to each shipment
- Follow written or oral instructions regarding daily tasks and job duties.
- Abide by all company rules and policies in regards to conduct and safety.
- Ensure that serial and batch numbers match the product
- Respond and attend to external and internal email requests and inquires in a timely manner.
- Respond to internal inquiries regarding the stages of the orders as they move through shipping.
- Keep up any necessary reports or spreadsheets
- Maintain organization with Shipping documents and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must contact dispatchers or account representative with any issues that may arise.
- Must insure that empty pubs, containers, trailers are delivered on time.
- Must insure that full pups, containers, trailers are picked up in a reasonable amount of time
REQUIREMENTS AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Must be able to accurately type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Must be proficient in English written and communication skills.
- Has working knowledge of ERP or other Order Processing systems.
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Excellent communication and understanding skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Provides effective support to team members, while working under the direction of the Warehouse Manager.
- Able to share knowledge and skills to enhance the teams’ overall productivity and effectiveness.
- Makes recommendations to the department supervisor/manager for resolving bottlenecks & problems.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to work independently and effectively with little supervision when required.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, effectiveness and efficiency in carryout out new assignments.
- Able to consistently meet the Company’s expectations of attendance, punctuality.
- Proficient at using computer systems and applications (e.g. MS Word Office, Excel, other applications as trained/required).
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Must be reliable, dependable and be flexible to start early and work late if necessary to fulfill the needs of our customers.
- 2+ years proven work experience as a Logistics Processor or Clerk.
- 2+ years forklift, reach truck and order picker experience strongly preferred.
- Forklift certified
- High school diploma required
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This job operates in a high paced professional warehouse environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and various computer programs.
- The Logistics Processor is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear; operate heavy machinery
- Must be able to lift and carry 30-50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and push/pull heavy pallets.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work independently on repetitive tasks and assist others
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and will be working near moving machinery
- Some over-time and or weekends may be required
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SPONSORSHIPS.
Use the form below to submit your resume.