Junior Network Administrator
Position: Junior Network Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: VP of Information Technology
Assists in ensuring the stable operation of organization’s computer systems and networks through planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, documenting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communications links as well as supporting our end users.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Assists in implementation of additions, deletions, upgrades and major modifications to organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Assists in administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure including day-to-day maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Assists in administering all network hardware and equipment, including servers, telephone systems, routers, switches hubs and UPS’s.
- Installing, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts permissions and access rights.
- Performs system backups and recovery
- Assists in establishing network specifications through conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Assists in maintaining optimum network performance by evaluating network performance issues
- Establishing connections and firewalls and problem escalation to vendors.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Build and configure servers and PC’s both physical and virtual
- Handling problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up,
- Installing, documenting, inventorying, maintaining, and troubleshooting all information technology
- Participating in maintaining an organized, clean, and safe work environment.
- Treating fellow employees, vendors, and visitors with respect and dignity at all times.
- Special projects as required
Network Performance Tuning, LAN/WAN Knowledge, ERP, Network Design and Implementation, Microsoft AD DS and DNS, DHCP knowledge, Windows Server 03,08,12,16, Azure Platform, Virtualization, NetApp 7-Mode administration, VM Ware vSphere 4.1 or higher, VM Workstation, Microsoft Office 365 administration, Cisco switch administration, Spanning Tree, VLANS, MS Server 2003-2008R2, Windows OS XP/7/8/10, MS Office 2010-2013, Avaya IP Office administration, Anti-Virus and Firewall administration, VPN, Project Management, Able to communicate in business and user friendly language, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Type 40-55 WPM with 100% accuracy
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors and other employees of the organization.
PC/Windows: A+, MCSE, MCTS, MTA, MCSA
NetApp: NCIE, NCDA
VM Ware: VCA, VCP, VCAP
Cisco: CCNA, CCNE
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year minimum computer network training and PC problem solving.
- One years’ work experience as Junior/Network Administrator for medium sized company.
- At least 2 years’ work experience as helpdesk support for medium sized company.
- Proficiency in application software: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail, and database software.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The normal work environment is typical of a manufacturing and distribution company.
- Monday through Friday
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects(up to 50lbs), such as computers, printers and peripherals.
- Saturday’s and or overtime as needed
BendPak is a leading global manufacturer of surface mounted vehicle lifts used in garages and car dealerships. Exhaust pipe benders and air compressors compliment the product offering. Our US based facilities are located in Ventura County in Southern California with manufacturing facilities located overseas. Company sales in North American and international markets are made primarily through international dealers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their replacement markets in various sectors within the transportation industries.
Use the form below to submit your resume.