IT Support Specialist I
Reports to: CIO
This position assists and supports the IT department with back-end day-to-day operations and to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides front line support by fielding incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves level one problems for users of the ERP, p.c. software and hardware, company LAN and WAN, VPN, the Internet and new computer technology; communicates solutions to end-users.
- Prioritize and schedule problems resolutions. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate next level.
- Use Track-IT to document, record, track, and monitor Help Desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Ensure appropriate attention and escalation of customer problems by documenting the impact to the customer and assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target within the TrackIt software
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Provide problem determination and support to specific systems using documented procedures and available tools.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, pc’s, laptops, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up to help requests.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for company approved p.c. software
- Receives, delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user p.c. desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Creates and configures user ERP, e-mail, Active Directory etc. profiles and accounts
- Coordinates timely repair of p.c. computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Helps install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, hubs and switches.
- Install, support and maintain software.
- Provide daily reporting of pending issues and high priority incidents.
- Create and update knowledge base articles.
- Assist in project implementations, testing and documentation.
- Monitor system notification alerts and take appropriate and timely action.
- Creates or assists in the creation of SOP’s, Polices and Procedures, and How-To documentation.
- Assists in the training of users in the operation of software and or hardware.
- Assists in creation and documentation of training criteria, programs and user education.
- Assists and at times may be responsible for the training of end users in a one-on-one or group environment.
- Responsible for the proper archiving and record keeping of all IT department documentation and material.(SOP’s, P &P’s, How-To’s and any work material produced in the course of departmental business.
- Responsible for network folder creation, nomenclature and archiving.
- Responsible for all network data classification.
- Special projects as required
- One year of computer science coursework or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including laptop, pc, MAC, switches, hubs etc.
- Knowledge of basic networking including understanding of OSI layer, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS etc.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and Windows Server Os’s
- Support experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to follow manuals and read complicated instructions
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Certifications in A+ or MCSE a plus
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects(up to 50lbs), such as computers, printers and peripherals.
- Saturday’s and or overtime as needed
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SPONSORSHIPS.
Use the form below to submit your resume.