IT Security Specialist I
Reports to: CIO
The IT Security Specialist I develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. In this role, one maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols. One administers cybersecurity policies to control physical and virtual access to systems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs network security audits and testing and evaluates system security configurations to ensure efficacy and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Conducts penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of applications, operating systems and/or networks.
- Responds to cybersecurity breaches, identifies intrusions and isolates, blocks and removes unauthorized access
- Researches and evaluates cybersecurity threats and performs root cause analysis. Assists in the creation and implementation of security solutions
- Provides information to IT Team regarding System Information and Event Monitoring findings
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute approved security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network security measures; operate and monitor network intrusion detection and forensic systems; conduct IS security incident handling; support Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery plans, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Perform other information security duties including operation of Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Operate Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations.
- Perform defensive cyber operation duties including, but not limited to, ensuring workstation and server compliancy with Host Based Security System (HBSS) requirements; identifying cybersecurity incidents using HBSS, and Event Manager (SIEM), and other automated tools; performing forensics and remedial action on cybersecurity incidents; and reporting defensive cyber operations statistics.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Provides front line support by fielding incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems resolutions. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate next level.
- Use Track-IT to document, record, track, and monitor Help Desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Ensure appropriate attention and escalation of customer problems by documenting the impact to the customer and assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target within the TrackIt software
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Provide problem determination and support to specific systems using documented procedures and available tools.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Receives, delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user p.c. desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Creates and configures user ERP, e-mail, Active Directory etc. profiles and accounts
- Install, support and maintain software.
- Provide daily reporting of pending issues and high priority incidents.
- Create and update knowledge base articles.
- Assist in project implementations, testing and documentation.
- Monitor system notification alerts and take appropriate and timely action.
- Creates or assists in the creation of SOP’s, Polices and Procedures, and How-To documentation.
- Assists in the training of users in the operation of software and or hardware.
- Assists in creation and documentation of training criteria, programs and user education.
- Assists and at times may be responsible for the training of end users in a one-on-one or group environment.
- Responsible for the proper archiving and record keeping of all IT department documentation and material.(SOP’s, P &P’s, How-To’s and any work material produced in the course of departmental business.
- Responsible for network folder creation, nomenclature and archiving.
- Responsible for all network data classification.
- Special projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in network, host, data and/or applications work in multiple operating systems environments
- Experience in troubleshooting Network hardware LANs/WANs/VPNs/Firewalls/IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, AntiVirus/antimalware, forensic capture and analysis systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows based operating systems, Linux, MacOS, networking technologies (Cisco, Palo/Alto, etc.), cloud services
- 2 years experience in end-user support, including the prioritization and rationalization of new support issues
- Knowledge of basic networking including understanding of OSI layer, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS etc.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and Windows Server Os’s
- Support experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to follow manuals and read complicated instructions
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates competency in effectively adapting to rapidly changing technologies and applying them to business needs
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and basic project management skills
- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Displays strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Takes ownership and responsibility for current and past work products
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company
- Focuses on teamwork and puts the success of the team above one's own interests
- Certifications in A+, Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA or MCSE a plus
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects(up to 50lbs), such as computers, printers and peripherals.
- Saturday’s and or overtime as needed
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SPONSORSHIPS.
Use the form below to submit your resume.