Fulfillment Packer 1
Department: Inventory Control
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
As a Fulfillment Packer I your position will include packing by hand a wide variety of products and materials. You will need to pack the items provided by our pickers in a timely manner. You will need to learn our parts to make sure that each package contains the correct parts and quantities. Motivated to complete any task given to you. Remember every package that is sent out of our facility is a representation of our company.
- Pull completed tote cart from the staging area to your work station. Work tote to tote until the cart is complete, do not leave unfinished carts to start other tasks.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards and make sure they match the item description that is called out on the RF gun.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any deviations from specification or any incorrect product.
- Find the appropriate size box for the item(s) on the current order you are working. Fold the box open and secure the bottom of the box using one stripe of water activated tape long enough to cover the length of the package plus 3” up each side of the package.
- Place item(s) in the prepared box making sure the item(s) are secured with sufficient packing material as to prevent damage while the item(s) are in transit.
- Review packing lists to insure the correct items and quantities are in the package.
- Securely close each package using one stripe of water activated tape long enough to cover the length of the package plus 3” down each side of the package.
- Items larger than the boxes available will have to be secured using cardboard and then plastic wrap.
- Once package is securely closed attach the packing list and place on the conveyor going to the processor.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area at all times. Make sure work station isle are kept clear at all times.
- Keep accurate inventory on a shipping supplies and inform the supervisor when it is time to order more material.
- Participate in and complete all required training.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours a day.
- Ability to apply Instructions from a supervisor, and be a positive team-player.
- Be able to minimize talking, any communications that do occur will be work related.
- Be able and willing to comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Availability to work overtime hours preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- 1-2 years proven work experience as a packer in a warehouse environment
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.