Facilities Maintenance Technician (CA)
Department: Warehouse Operations
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Santa Paula, California
BendPak / Ranger is one of the world's leading manufacturers of vehicle repair equipment including automotive service lifts, parking lifts (car stackers), pipe benders, air compressors, tire changing machines and wheel balancers and a variety of specialized auto repair tools and machinery. Our products are seen every day on popular TV shows such as Fast N’ Loud, Bitchin Rides, Monster Garage, Street Outlaws, Inside West Coast Customs, Diesel Brothers, All Girls Garage, Wheeler Dealers, Graveyard Cars and more. We're looking for motivated individuals looking to apply and expand their talents. Our team members enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment that rewards passion and hard work. Many of our devoted employees have been with us for over twenty years and have risen through the ranks to build lucrative and influential careers. We give every employee the personal latitude to direct his or her own professional development.
INTRODUCTION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
This position will perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of buildings, facilities, equipment and fixtures, including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical and limited heating/air conditioning work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventative maintenance on buildings including but not limited to: skilled carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, dry walling, plumbing, flooring and mechanical repair work, door hardware, keying, exit and emergency lighting.
- Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations and facility expansions.
- Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as preventative maintenance schedule to equipment and building upkeep.
- Evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems in the building.
- Repair structures, machines and equipment using tools such as saws, hammers, hoists, wrenches and drills and ensure work is done correctly as well as safely
- 5 years experience in building maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully pass driving record check at time of hire.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical systems (including relevant equipment and tools) is a plus.
- Assure that jobs specified on maintenance requests and work orders are completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Good mechanical ability, knowledge and use of good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Ability to operate forklift
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The normal work environment is typical of a distribution company.
- The employee is regularly required to work in a warehouse, or outdoor environment which may be cold or hot depending on the season.
- The candidate is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear.
- Lifting of cartons and other packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Steel toed shoes must be worn at all times. Other protective equipment (such as safety glasses and hard hat) will be provided.
- The candidate may occasionally operate machinery.
- Exposure to dust and noise; some heavy lifting, standing, climbing; may work at heights; work in inclement weather conditions.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.
All Open Positions