Electrical Control Systems Engineer
Reports to: President and Executive Vice President
Direct Reports to: Executive Vice President
Location: Santa Paula, CA
Headquartered in Ventura County, California, BendPak is looking for an innovative and practical Electrical Control Systems Engineer to design and build prototype and production‐level control circuits and electrical systems for AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE LIFTS, VEHICLE PARKING SYSTEMS/CAR STACKERS AND VARIOUS TYPES OF VEHICLE SERVICE EQUIPMENT. BendPak offers staff members a compelling package, which includes competitive base pay, superior benefits, an outstanding work environment and opportunities for career development. Through these comprehensive offerings, every individual has the chance to achieve significant growth, both financially and professionally.
The Electrical Control Systems Engineer position is responsible for leading and implementing electrical systems integrity and development program related to current and new products. This includes research, design, creation of manufacturing drawings and electrical schematics, electrical panel layout and assembly, programming and prototype testing. This individual will work with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL’s)/notified bodies and design teams to execute test plans including product testing, data analysis, documentation, presenting and communicating results.
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
- Work with drafting, production, and other engineering related authorities as needed to oversee development of design concepts, specifications, costing and testing for engineering projects relating to product alterations, improvements and redesigns.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer‐assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with staff to discuss existing or potential product upgrades, redesigns or new projects.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Review and evaluate electrical design drawings and specifications as prepared by other engineers or staff.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve designs from both cost and quality perspectives and improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
- Produce electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings.
- Create user guides for the control systems.
- Train customer service technicians in proper electrical and control systems troubleshooting and repair.
- Document engineering and manufacturing procedures as required.
- Deliver results when expected in accordance with project schedules.
- Track labor time specific to each project.
- Upgrade job skills required to improve performance.
- Diversified, fundamental scientific mechanical engineering concepts, phenomena, and relationships
- Advanced mathematical techniques, such as those gained through the study of calculus and differential equations
- Development and derivation of formulas and relationships, basic assumptions made, and limitations and areas of applicability of established mechanical engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Experience and knowledge of Solidworks 2016 SP3 and PDM vault features
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical controls and systems engineering from an accredited school.
- Substantial experience and subject matter expertise in electrical controls engineering and NRTL related certification compliance.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D Design and Drafting Tools such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering principals including common digital and analog communication protocols and PLC programming.
- Creation of system block diagrams, schematic drafting, data logging system design.
- Electrical load calculations, short‐circuit and overcurrent protection calculations, transformer and wire sizing.
- Hands on experience in electrical panel layout and assembly, and familiarity with NEC codes.
- Able to read, interpret, and create electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at once.
- Strong problem solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Must be a self‐starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude.
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi‐task and meet deadlines.
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver.
- Core values and continuous self‐improvement.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to think designs through completely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and various computer programs.
- The Electrical Control Systems Engineer is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear; occasionally operate machinery and occasionally lift up to 45 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SPONSORSHIPS.
Use the form below to submit your resume.
All Open Positions