Customer Support Technician (Alabama)
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Office Manager
Location: Theodore, Alabama
BendPak / Ranger is one of the world's leading manufacturers of vehicle repair equipment including automotive service lifts, parking lifts (car stackers), pipe benders, air compressors, tire changing machines and wheel balancers and a variety of specialized auto repair tools and machinery. Our products are seen every day on popular TV shows such as Fast N’ Loud, Bitchin Rides, Monster Garage, Street Outlaws, Inside West Coast Customs, Diesel Brothers, All Girls Garage, Wheeler Dealers, Graveyard Cars and more. We're looking for motivated individuals looking to apply and expand their talents. Our team members enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment that rewards passion and hard work. Many of our devoted employees have been with us for over twenty years and have risen through the ranks to build lucrative and influential careers. We give every employee the personal latitude to direct his or her own professional development.
INTRODUCTION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
BendPak has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our Theodore Alabama Distribution Center team as a Customer Support Technician. The ideal candidate communicates with customers’ about issues with their product, either new, old, under warranty or out of warranty and helps make arrangements to correct the problem. All notes and touch-points relating to service calls are entered and tracked in a customer service ticketing system. The Customer Support Technician needs to be comfortable communicating both over the phone, through email and in person when needed. Additional duties include regular follow up communication (written and by phone) with customers and maintaining ongoing service tickets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with customers’ and help explain how to perform recommended steps to solve their problems.
- Monitor customer situational requests and resolutions using a ticketing system.
- Requires exceptional data entry skills with abilities to process large amounts of information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enter orders into company ERP system.
- Problem solve by researching within the database, email exchanges, the internet, and appropriate personnel throughout the company.
- Diligently follow customer orders through to completion, working with appropriate parties to quickly resolve shipping issues or fulfillment delays.
- Answer incoming calls in support of customers and sales teams.
- Create new processes to improve order processing efficiency.
- Communicate with customers, sales team, production and shipping departments to expedite orders accurately.
- Possess the flexibility necessary to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Service, Order Processing or related field
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to type between 40 and 60 wpm. Accuracy is expected.
- Must be proficient in English written and communication skills
- Has working knowledge of ERP or other customer service ticketing systems
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Excellent communication and understanding skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment and typical of a call center operation. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and various computer programs. The Product Support Parts Technician is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear; occasionally operate machinery and occasionally lift up to 45 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.