Call Center Technical Support Specialist
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Call Center Supervisor - AL / Director of Sales Operations
Location: Theodore, AL
BendPak is looking for talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic and very rewarding organization. Detail-oriented individuals who have a positive attitude and have some sales experience are welcome - good phone skills, a must. Earn serious money selling globally recognized brands and products specifically tailored to auto repair and DIY markets. We will train the right person to help us meet our goals and help them meet their earning potential.
INTRODUCTION & POSITION OVERVIEW
BendPak has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our Theodore Alabama Distribution Center team as a Customer Support Technician. The ideal candidate communicates with customers about issues with their product, either new, old, under warranty or out of warranty, and helps make arrangements to correct the problem. All notes and touchpoints relating to service calls are entered and tracked in a customer service ticketing system. The Customer Support Technician needs to be comfortable communicating both over the phone, through email and in person when needed. Additional duties include regular follow up communication (written and by phone) with customers and maintaining ongoing service tickets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with customers and help explain how to perform recommended steps to solve their problems.
- Monitor customer situational requests and resolutions using a ticketing system.
- Requires exceptional data entry skills with abilities to process large amounts of information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enter orders into company ERP system.
- Problem solve by researching within the database, email exchanges, the internet, and appropriate personnel throughout the company.
- Diligently follow customer orders through to completion, working with appropriate parties to quickly resolve shipping issues or fulfilment delays.
- Answer incoming calls in support of customers and sales teams.
- Create new processes to improve order processing efficiency.
- Communicate with customers, sales team, production and shipping departments to expedite orders accurately.
- Possess the flexibility necessary to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
2+ years’ experience in Customer Service, Order Processing or related field
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to type between 40 and 60 wpm. Accuracy is expected.
- Must be proficient in English written and communication skills
- Has working knowledge of ERP or other customer service ticketing systems
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Excellent communication and understanding skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This job operates in a professional office environment and typical of a call center operation.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and various computer programs.
- The Product Support Parts Technician is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear; occasionally operate machinery and occasionally lift up to 45 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BendPak Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Use the form below to submit your resume.
All Open Positions